I think /usr/bin/update-menus may be broken.
Several packages give me an error when they try to install.  Fvwmconf was
successfully added to the menus when I packaged it last month .  Now
installing it gives error messages and update-menus fails.  Has anyone
else seen this ?

        homey 5 > dpkg -i fvwmconf_0.18-1.deb
Cannot open file /etc/X11/mwm//system.mwmrc-menu
/etc/menu-methods//mwm-menumethod: Aborting
Selecting previously deselected package fvwmconf.
(Reading database ... 48261 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking fvwmconf (from fvwmconf_0.18-1.deb) ...
Setting up fvwmconf (0.18-1) ...

Update-menus: waiting for dpkg to finish (forking to background)
Update-menus: (checking /var/lib/dpkg/lock)
homey 6 > Cannot open file /etc/X11/mwm//system.mwmrc-menu
/etc/menu-methods//mwm-menumethod: Aborting

John Lapeyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>