Branden Robinson writes ("Ian Jackson, please get me the hell off your
blacklist."):
> Mar 29 15:20:15 apocalypse sendmail[7886]: e2T8qEi03048: [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> ctladdr=branden (1000/1000), delay=11:28:01, xdelay=00:00:21, mailer=esmtp,
> pri=6332789, relay=chiark.greenend.org.uk. [195.224.76.132], dsn=4.2.0,
> stat=Deferred: 450 Site not yet trusted, try later [Irritated]
>
> Maybe you'd care to explain to me what's not trusted about my site?

My site has only just met yours.  Specifically, my system will defer
mail for the first three hours from any new IP address.  Hence `not
_yet_ trusted, try later'.  A properly-configured MTA will try again
for some time, and the message will get through.  (Some sites have
several sending MTAs, but these will soon all have been seen at least
three hours ago, so the mail will get through.)

Do you have your retry duration configured well below the
recommendations in Host Requirements ?

> Since I cannot communicate with bug report filers from
> chiark.greenend.org.uk, all bug reports submitted, past, present, or
> future, by people from that host will be summarily closed.

Perhaps we should debug the mail problem first.

Ian.