Martin Steigerwald - 22.12.22, 09:16:50 CET:
> I made an interesting experience regarding the current Qt transition:
> I updated a ThinkPad X1 Gen 1 Tablet with "apt upgrade" yesterday.
>
> Parts of the Plasma desktop are still broken. Some part of systray
> misses some QML files, KRunner shows up as an empty pane without
> anything, the lock screen is not usable and several other issues. So
> it can still happen with just "apt upgrade" that you have an only
> partly usable system afterwards. Of course I'd argue that this is an
> issue with missing versioned dependencies. However it appears to me
> that it is quite different to completely get this right with a
> software stack of this complexity.
>
> So I will just wait until a "full-upgrade" can run through fully on
> this tablet and probably stay away from a "upgrade" on my laptop as
> well for a few days. However I used "apt upgrade" to upgrade my

Well, which was possible today already. All issues I found are fixed by
today's update.

I also fully upgraded on my main laptop. All fine there as well.

So at least for the sets of packages I use, the update goes through
smoothly now. According to

https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/qtbase-abi-5-15-7.html

almost all packages are built for AMD64 already.

> laptop earlier on the same day and have seen no such updates. The
> tablet has not been updated for a longer time, but that should not
> really make much of a difference.

And that might have made *the* difference. Some KF5 related packages were
still at 5.90 on this tablet after the "apt upgrade" yesterday. Of
course these were more current version on my main laptop.

Ciao,
--
Martin