> ... To the extent that the GFDL caters for the wishes of publishers
> at all, it is in that it makes it inconvenient for *competing*
> publishers to publish and sell hardcopies. ...

I'm not quite tracking you there.  The GFDL isn't supposed to have
that effect, at least as I read it, and as I understood RMS's
messages.  Maybe it does though, but even if so that's not really the
point.  The FSF wouldn't consider such an effect desirable, so that's
not a reason they'd use to decide against going dual GFDL/GPL.