On 18 Mar 2006 22:46:24 -0500, Michael Poole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought it was rather obvious that I meant that in the sense of the
> original scenario, and not in the general case.

I'm not sure what's not obvious in what I said.

> You claim that the GFDL "can not be taken to apply where copyright law
> does not apply".

Right.

> Ignoring for the moment that copyleft by necessity goes beyond what is
> governed by copyright law, where in the scenario that I described does
> copyright law no longer apply to dealing with the work?

I disagree with your assertion that copyleft goes beyond what is governed
by copyright law.  Copyleft is a set of copyright limitations.  People who
do not satisfy the requirements of a copyleft license aren't granted the
right to generate copies on the works that have those requirements.

Copyright laws apply in those circumstances because copies of a
copyrighted work are being generated.

Copyright laws do not apply when there are no copies being generated
and where no copy rights are being asserted.

--
Raul