On 3/28/06, Walter Landry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Raul Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Worst case, you could read the open office source code to figure
> > out how [some of] these documents are stored.
>
> These examples give partial specifications, not full specifications.
> I see no reason to read the GFDL as requiring only partial
> specifications.

The GFDL requires that the format for the copy be "represented
in a format whose specification is available to the general public".
It does not require that everything generated by some editor be
available.

If we're talking about Word, the editor, instead of the formats
native to that editor: the editor can save documents in a
wide variety of formats, some of which are transparent.

--
Raul