Le lundi 14 janvier 2008 à 22:50 +0100, Francesco Poli a écrit :
> >     a. The name of Your Product (or of Your modified version of This
> > Product)
> >     must not contain the name TrueCrypt (for example, the following names
> > are
> >     not allowed: TrueCrypt, TrueCrypt+, TrueCrypt Professional, iTrueCrypt,
> >     etc.) nor any of its variations that can be easily confused with the
> > name
> >     TrueCrypt (e.g., True-Crypt, True Crypt, TrueKrypt, TruCrypt, etc.)
>
> I've argued several times in the past against this kind of broad
> restrictions.  I think they go beyond what is permitted (as a
> compromise!) by DFSG#4.

We have allowed exactly the same conditions by using software with
trademarked names. In fact, upstream is wrong for putting such
restrictions in the license itself instead of the trademark policy, but
the net effect is exactly the same as that of the Firefox trademark.

> See, for instance:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2007/11/msg00004.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2006/04/msg00181.html

Using yourself as a reference?

> Warning!  Indemnification clause: is it acceptable?  It smells as
> non-free...

Just have a look at the postfix license.

> [...]
> > VI. General Terms
> >
> > 1. You may not use, modify, reproduce, derive from, (re)distribute, or
> > sublicense This Product, or portion(s) thereof, except as expressly provided
> > under this License. Any attempt (even if permitted by applicable law)
> > otherwise
> > to use, modify, reproduce, derive from, (re)distribute, or sublicense This
> > Product, or portion(s) thereof, automatically and immediately terminates
> > Your
> > rights under this License.
>
> This is non-free, as explained by Ken Arromdee in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2008/01/msg00132.html

Please get out of your US-centric world.

--
 .''`.