(Please don't send individual copies, we read them via the list)

Mike Hommey <m...@glandium.org> writes:

> For example, I have serious doubts about the freeness of the search
> engine icons in iceweasel (the ones on the top right of the UI).

Those are (as far as I understand) published by the OpenSearch protocol,
and explicitly sent using that protocol by the search provider as “an
image that can be used in association with this search content”
<URL:http://www.opensearch.org/Specifications/OpenSearch/1.1#The_.22Image.22_element>.

I think any party publishing the image via that protocol would have a
hard time trying to argue that it's not allowed to be shown in the UI
for that search provider.

--
 \       “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.” —Jane Wagner, via |
  `\                                                       Lily Tomlin |