In message <hev0h8$ui...@ger.gmane.org>, Joe Smith <unknown_kev_...@hotmail.com> writes
Now I looka at the other extreme. In theory, with copyright if you independently create a work that happens to be absolutely identical (say letter by letter or pixel by pixel), without even knowing about the other work, then the result is two works each with a seperate copyright that just happen to be indistinguishable. Of course that is scholarly theory, and the law in the real world is ill equiped to handle such a possibility.

This, of course, can easily happen with photography :-)

(I speak loosly above, talking about a work having a copyright. I obviously mean that the authors or some other rights holder (such as in the case of a work for hire) being granted a limited monopoly on repdoucing the work, among other things.)

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - anth...@thewolery.demon.co.uk