In the course of trying to package Java3D for Fedora, Tom Calloway brought to my attention that the Java3D license includes the following statement:

* You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or
* intended for use in the design, construction, operation or
* maintenance of any nuclear facility.

In addition to being incompatible with Fedora licensing practices, that seems to violate section 6 ("Fields of Endeavor") of the DFSG and the corresponding section of the OSI Open Source Definition.

I haven't looked at the Debian Java3D package, but am wondering whether Debian has somehow circumvented this problem, or if it is not a problem for the inclusion of Java3D in Debian.

Sincerely,
Eric Smith