Ben Finney <ben+deb...@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> I don't think we should rely on either interpretation; ambiguity in
> copyright licenses is dangerous.
>
> My advice is to seek a better license statement from the copyright
> holder which makes it clear what the clause means.

In particular, if the clause actually doesn't refer to actions covered
by copyright, or the copyright license, etc., then it is too confusing
to have it in the copyright license text. It should be removed from
that, and put in a more general README or some other document.

--
 \           “Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in |
  `\                                      these.” —Ovid (43 BCE–18 CE) |