Hi,

I recently learn to use this handy hexdump tool, xxd. It is
distributed as part of vim-common and it has the following license:

       (c) 1990-1997 by Juergen Weigert
       <jnwei...@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>

       Distribute freely and credit me,
       make money and share with me,
       lose money and don't ask me.

which doesn't seem to be listed in /usr/share/doc/vim-common (should I
file a bug on that?)

I don't find this license previously discussed in debian-legal.
According to this page

https://enterprise.dejacode.com/license_library/Demo/xxd/

this is a "classic two clause open source license" with a special
commercial obligation that is not specific.

I wonder whether the above license is DFSG-compliant (I find it cute,
might want to use it in my own code in some moment if it is). If not,
xxd should be separated from vim-common and packed outside of main (or
maybe Mr. Weigert would be willing to re-license it under different
terms?)

Please cc: me as I'm not subscribed to debian-legal.

Have you all a wonderful day,

P.