The language you quote is exactly what I meant. It is identical to the original
MIT X11 License as found at e.g. opensource.org . Expat seems to advocate a new
name for the same thing. Fine with me.

I also believe that this license is sufficiently permissive on its own. But I
want to explicitly express GPL compatibility without giving an interpretation
of either license.

cheers, JW-