Le Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 07:15:11AM +1100, Riley Baird a écrit :

> I have no idea how to interpret the below license:
>
> This file file be copied and used freely without restrictions.  It can
> be used in projects which are not available under the GNU Public License
> but which still want to provide support for the GNU gettext functionality.
> Please note that the actual code is *not* freely available.
>
> I found this license while I was writing the d/copyright for the
> "granule" package[1], but it's also in the gtk+2.0 package[2].

Hi Riley,

a quick search trough the other source packages in Debian shows that this file
is present in many of them.

http://codesearch.debian.net/results/file%20file%20be%20copied/

Therefore, empirically it is DFSG-free.  My impression about this license is
that it might be intended as a joke.

So if the copyright holder declines to relicense, you can probably ignore the
problem.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy