On Sun, 15 Feb 2015, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> every now and then I receive submissions (i.e. patches) by e-mail for
> packages I maintain. Sometimes a disclaimer¹ is part of that message,
> a text that denies me from doing certain things with that e-mail -
> like copying or disclosing the message.
>
> In my opinion using such a patch for an upload would violate that
> clause and therefore might even put the Debian project in jeopardy.

There's no real difference between a message with a disclaimer, and one
without.

The only question is the actual license of the patch. If the person
authoring the patch grants a license (or the patch cannot be covered by
copyright), then there's no problem.

No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free
[...] You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Revolt in 2010_ p54