* Don Armstrong:

> There's no real difference between a message with a disclaimer, and one
> without.

That depends on the contents of the disclaimer.

> The only question is the actual license of the patch. If the person
> authoring the patch grants a license (or the patch cannot be covered by
> copyright), then there's no problem.

The presence of the disclaimer could suggest that the person sending
the patch has not been authorized by the corporation to submit it for
inclusion in Debian (or any open-source project).

Not requiring a contributor license agreement means we sometimes
accept patches from a person who is not in a legal position to grant
us a copyright license on the submitted work.  This is a risk the
project is willing to take to simplify or sometimes even enable
collaboration.