On Sat, 30 May 2015 23:24:53 +0200
Ángel González <keis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Unless the copyright holder grants the permission to do so, I would
> >> say...
> > Let's say I hold copyright on a work, and I grant someone else
> > permission to change the license of a work. Who would enforce the
> > second license? Only a copyright holder can enforce their copyrights.
> IMHO you would be the one responsible for enforcing the license...

Exactly. So, if a work is originally licensed under GPL-2+ and Person A
makes a copy and gives it to Person B under GPL-3. Now consider that
Person B gives a copy to Person C under GPL-2+. Person A can't enforce
the original copyright holder's copyrights. I find it difficult to
believe that the original copyright holder would enforce Person A's
license.

> unless you also
> granted (delegated?) the right of enforcing the work license to someone
> else.

I'm not sure that you can grant the right of enforcing the license to
someone else, otherwise why wouldn't copyleft authors just let
give everyone the right to enforce their license?