Dmitry Alexandrov <321...@gmail.com> writes:

> I did not wdiff(1) it, but it definitely sounds like a word-for-word
> copy of second GNU Lesser GPL to me. :-)

To the extent that text is derived from the GNU LGPL, it is a copyright
violation:

    Copyright (C) 1991, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc. […]
    Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
    of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

    <URL:https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.html>

    Copyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. […]
    Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this
    license document, but changing it is not allowed.

So, as a separate matter, it appears the distributors of
IUPAC/InChi-Trust License are in violation of copyright law.

This would AFAICT include any redistributor, which would preclude having
the work in Debian.

--
 \     “I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because |
  `\           then, yahoo!, I'd have all my money back.” —Jack Handey |