Hi Tony,

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 12:59:46PM +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
> > [...]
> > This is a bit of a side-track from the core of this thread. Maybe we
> > would have Tony describing our achievements one they are manifesting in
> > Bio-Linux. And if we have a look at
> > https://salsa.debian.org/dashboard/milestones ? Maybe we can use those
> > as an anchor for achievements from which news could be generated in an
> > easier way, not necessarily by us.
>
> Yes, I would be happy to do that.

I admit I do not mind about some proposed technique.  I think the person
who is doing the actual publicity work should freely choose the channel
for communication.

> I plan to base Bio-Linux 9 on Debian-Med + Bioconda and would like to
> start adding Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) versions of Debian-Med packages to
> the Debian-Med PPA if nobody objects. I also want to drop ALL the 'bad'
> NEBC packages (i.e. the binary-only packages that Bela and Tim used
> initially to migrate from Debian testing (Sarge) to Ubuntu 6.06 LTS.

Please let us know if we should enforce packaging efforts for certain
packages you consider very important.  As I have seen for some older
packages the licencing is frequently the only blocker, technical issues
are easy to solve.

> I've listened to Andreas: I intend to create a "bio-linux-desktop"
> meta-package modelled on the Debian-Med/Bio* tasks that are now being
> updated to include some 'missing' packages that were only in Bio-Linux.

Feel free to discuss this here.

> Thanks again to all in the Debian-Med team for your help and support,

You are welcome

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de