On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:13:41AM +0000, James Cowgill wrote:

> This page lists all the packages maintained by the team:
> https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org

So, do i see it correct that if i wanted to be able to be able to install
individually all Debian Multimedia packages via "apt-get", then i would need
to have something like this in my /etc/apt/sources.list

deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free karaoke
misc musicplay noteeditors soundedit soundencoding soundinfo soundplay
soundtools videocreation videoeditors videoplay videotools

What is the logic for those different components ?
https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList only explains main, contrib and non-free.

Google does not find me any web-page that lists all these components,
so is there any other way for users to learn that one would need to add
all these components to /etc/apt/sources.list ? Should this be documented
on https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia ?

> The multimedia pure blend has a list of multimedia packages:
> https://blends.debian.org/multimedia/tasks/

Interesting. The whole reason why i got into the trouble of adding
as a repo was to be able to install avidemux. It is not listed in your above
list of
DebianMultimedia packages, but it shows up in
although that page leaves me even more confused as to how i would be able to
install it without deb-multimedia because it just says "Debian package not
and relase "VCS" (no idea what VCS is).

Sorry for those beginner questions. I hope i can help to add answers to the
wiki page (if you find it appropriate), after i understand all this.