On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> If you want every package to use debconf, that's fine and wonderful. Go
> make a list of the ones that don't, write patches so that they will, file
> bugs so the maintainer knows about them, then have a friendly discussion
> with the maintainers to make sure that they're satisfied with the patches.

Let me compare two cases:

- a package has it's documentation in /usr/doc
- the maintainer gets a patch how to change it
- the maintainer refuses the patch "I want to have the documentation in
  /usr/doc."

- a package doesn't use debconf for interaction with the user while
  asking the user questions at installation time
- the maintainer gets a patch how to change it
- the maintainer refuses the patch "I don't want to use debconf."

I don't get the point why it's all right to send a RC bug report in the
first case but not in the second case.

> Cheers,
> aj

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400