El 10/9/23 a las 4:09, Russ Allbery escribió:
I therefore would like to propose a first: I think Policy should simply
say that any package that provides a system service should use debhelper
and rely on dh_installsystemd to put the appropriate commands in its
maintainer scripts.  (We can then discuss whether we should do the same
for init scripts and dh_installinit, although its stanzas are simpler.)

Hello. I don't like this approach, and I believe we are mixing two different
things
here. One of them is our ability (or lack thereof) of policy to catch up with
real development done elsewhere. Another one is the fact that policy does
not mandate any given implementation.

I believe that by choosing the wording appropriately, we can still keep this
desired property of Policy while still not mandating any given implementation.

(i.e. we could essentially say "you should do the same thing
as dh_installsystemd does", but in an elegant way).

Thanks.