    Bill> But we do: we support debhelper 13.11.4 and debhelper 13.11.6.
    Bill> Even if we support a single implementation, we still need to
    Bill> know what is expected of it.

At that level, I think the answer is roughly that if you call
dh_installsystemd, then any units in the package installation directory,
or any units matching certain file patterns in the debian directory will
be installed and if appropriate enabled.

I understand there's some work to do:

* do we support units in /lib/systemd/system, /usr/lib/systemd/system,
  or both.

* What are those filename patterns for finding service units under
  debian?

* You might implicitly call dh_installsystemd via dh

I think Russ might be arguing that we should actually push all that out
to the Debhelper documentation.  I'd support that, although I understand
that makes the debhelper 13.4 vs 13.6 issue more relevant.  I'd also
support describing a bit of the interface between debian/rules and
debhelper wrt systemd units if it allowed us to move forward.

My argument is that even if we support multiple versions of debhelper,
we do not need to define the interface between debhelper and systemd in
policy: we do not need to specify deb-systemd-helper and
deb-systemd-invoke.

--Sam