Hello,

The policy is under GPL license which is kind of ridiculous to prevent
citing Debian Policy in private talks. I imagine people discussing
"those folks at Debian. Have you heard - they've changed you-know-what
to make packaging easier". =)

Is there any license that more clearly states reason behind choosing
the license? Seems like GPL in this case was chosen just because
"everything is GPL".

What about http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ ? It is
compatible with DFSG
http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#CreativeCommonsAttributionShare-Alike.28CC-BY-SA.29v3.0