On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM, Adam <adam.schmalho...@gmx.de> wrote:
> This is a topic for debian-legal not debian-pyhton. Discuss it with them
> (after looking at the archive), as they are the experts. If there are
> problems (= results) that can be brought here again.

The point is to make Python Policy clear without additional consulting
from Debian lawyers. I understand that most of us do not want to deal
with these issues, but it will only do good if people won't have any
questions after reading the policy.

Questions like "Debian Python Policy is all about GPL. Do I have to
release my Python package under GPL?". Most people (as you clearly
expressed) don't care, so upstream maintainers would just avoid Debian
packaging and let it do by someone else.

--
anatoly t.