On October 2, 2015 4:14:19 AM EDT, Vincent Bernat <ber...@debian.org> wrote:
>❦  1 octobre 2015 18:48 -0400, Scott Kitterman <deb...@kitterman.com> :
>
>> For the git migration, the people taking the time to do the work or
>pay
>> attention to the work and provide feedback are driving what happens
>> when.
>
>It's not possible to give feedback or help when we don't know anything
>about the migration. I have asked about it several times [0] and got no
>answer. I only know that Stefano is doing or will do the migration. I
>don't know if there are difficulties, I don't know if there is
>opposition or simply if he doesn't have time right now.
>
>[0]: <87h9mc79fv....@zoro.exoscale.ch>
>     <87k2swh0l6....@zoro.exoscale.ch>
>
>> With the exception of the DPL, Debian is not democratic.  It's
>doacratic.
>> Let's not mess with that.
>
>Unfortunately, in a _team_, we cannot do as we please. Thomas did try
>and was kicked. He also maintains a lot of Python packages in
>pkg-openstack and is seen as a bad team player by several members. He
>did propose several times to help with the Git migration but never got
>acknowledged.
>
>I am glad and grateful that some people are involved in this Git
>migration but as a team member, I would also be glad to be kept posted
>about it.

I think everything I know about it, I learned from either this list or IRC, so
I'd recommend a review of the list archive.

There's a wiki page somewhere as well.

AIUI, there's still some issues with the migration script, but I don't know the
details either.  Personally, I'd like a better feel for when it'll be ready,
but I don't imagine barry or tumbleweed actual know.

Scott K