On Mon, 2017-09-25 at 09:44 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Diane,
>
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 11:45:43PM -0700, Diane Trout wrote:
> > The remaining issues are:
> >
> > * Some of the doc pages call get_rdataset, and there's no network
> > access in the builder so those calls fail. (ugliest error)
>
> Can you pre-fetch the data and provide it in debian/datasets?

I made the changes and cached the downloaded zip files....

and then realized isn't this redistributing datasets?

Don't we need to verify the license before uploading?

Below is what I've found so far, (before getting tired of licensing
issues)

Any thoughts about how to handle this?

Here's a list of the file names from the include-binaries file I
created via caching.

datasets.csv.zip
csv,HistData,Guerry.csv.zip
doc,HistData,rst,Guerry.rst.zip
csv,COUNT,medpar.csv.zip
doc,COUNT,rst,medpar.rst.zip
csv,car,Duncan.csv.zip
doc,car,rst,Duncan.rst.zip
csv,robustbase,starsCYG.csv.zip
doc,robustbase,rst,starsCYG.rst.zip
doc,car,rst,Moore.rst.zip
csv,vcd,Arthritis.csv.zip
doc,vcd,rst,Arthritis.rst.zip
csv,MASS,epil.csv.zip
doc,MASS,rst,epil.rst.zip
csv,geepack,dietox.csv.zip
doc,geepack,rst,dietox.rst.zip

The files are being downloaded from this github repository.

https://github.com/vincentarelbundock/Rdatasets a useful index of the
datasets is
http://vincentarelbundock.github.com/Rdatasets/datasets.html

Guerry.csv is probably safe as its from "Essay on the Moral Statistics
of France" published 1833.

medpar 2016's license is here:
https://www.healthdata.gov/dataset/medpar-limited-data-set-lds-hospital
-national
and is listed as "Open Data Commons Open Database License"
https://opendatacommons.org/licenses/odbl/1.0/

Duncan is the Duncan's Occupational Prestige Data from 1950.
Couldn't find a license

starsCYG is Data for the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram of the star
cluster CYG OB1
http://ugrad.stat.ubc.ca/R/library/rrcov/html/stars.html
Couldn't find a license

Moore is from Moore, J. C., Jr. and Krupat, E. (1971)
Relationship between source status, authoritarianism and conformity in
a social setting.
Couldn't find a license

Diane