On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 22:05 +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> statsmodels passed NEW...and FTBFS with
>
> dh: unable to load addon sphinxdoc: Can't locate
> Debian/Debhelper/Sequence/sphinxdoc.pm in @INC
> That file is in the sphinx-common package, which suggests that at
> least
> some of the sphinx dependencies need to be Build-Depends and not
> just
> Build-Depends-Indep.

Oops.

I thought that it wouldn't try using sphinx when not building doc
packages. But apparently being listed in "dh --with" counts as being
used.

I wonder if it's better to filter sphinxdoc out of the dh line, install
sphinx-common, or just always install python3-sphinx?

I have some ideas of what to do, I should be able to fix this soon.

> Meanwhile, pandas FTBFS with several failing tests (all involving
> datetime) on arm*/mips*el and a broken attempt to skip a test (trying
> raise nose.SkipTest without importing nose) on mips/s390x.

I don't know what was wrong with pandas & datetime. I was putting off
/ hoping someone else would log into a porterbox to try to figure out
what's actually wrong.

As for nose, python{,3}-nose is listed a build-depends <!nocheck>? Why
is it failing on importing nose? it should either be there or it
shouldn't be running tests?

Diane