On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 at 11:16:16 +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> policy (12.3) says, that putting the contents of package-doc
> into /usr/share/doc/package/ (main package) is preferred over
> /usr/share/doc/package-doc/. debhelper detects the Python 2
> package as main package. One can override this to the path for
> the Python 3 package, but both feels wrong to me. Even if we
> drop Python 2 at some point, maybe then there is Python 4 or
> PyPy.

In python-mpd-doc and python-dbus-doc, I installed the real documentation
files in /u/s/d/python-*-doc, but placed symlinks to them in both
/u/s/d/python-* and /u/s/d/python3-*. Perhaps that's a reasonable way
to achieve the spirit of the Policy ยง12.3 recommendation while not
privileging one of Python 2, Python 3, PyPy, etc. over the others?

    smcv