> On 2018-03-12 23:15, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> But what now that python-foo is gone? Should I rename the doc package?
>
> No, but that's just my gut feeling.

Definitely not, indeed. The python- prefixes in python-foo and
python-foo-doc are not exactly equivalent.
The former usage refers to the Python 2 interpreter, the latter refers
to Python *the language*.

It's unfortunate our naming convention did not explicitly separate
between both as Arch packages do,
whereby `python` is used for source package and `python2` for binary
packages targeting CPython 2.x.

Imo, we should just make it clear in policy that source packages
should be named `foo` or `python-foo`,
and corresponding doc packages should be named `foo-doc` or `python-foo-doc`.

Ghis