On 2026/09/29 22:11, Maximiliano Curia wrote:
¡Hola Edmund!
Hi Maximiliano !
Well, the entry point is a trivial script only starting the correct
module, so a binary package that only contains that seems overkill.
The script seems to be the main part, if at some point the python module
starts to be used by others then you might want to add a -doc package,
and probably add a Provides: python3-desec so users of the module
might find this package more easily. You might even consider renaming
the binary package python3-desec if the modules becomes the primary
use of this package, but even then you will want to keep the script
desec in the same package.
Thank you for explaining!
Ok, I'll upload it as is (uploaded).
It landed, many thanks!
I could, but I'm a bit lazy, so I'll leave this for you to decide.
^_^
Further improvements:
Probably most of the package that are listed in the build depends are
actually only needed for the tests to run. In Debian there are build
profiles, that might be used in certain situations, for example, to allow
bootstrapping, one of them is "nocheck", which is aimed for a faster build
with less dependencies by not running the tests. All this to say add the
a "<!nocheck>" to the dependencies that are only needed for the tests.
If you use sbuild you can test this using the option
--builder-profile=nocheck.
Will definitely look into this, because incorrect Depend arrays bother me.
I do build with sbuild and appreciate the tip!
The best way forward would be to fix this, upload to Salsa, and upon a
new upstream release, just add this as well, so as not to wary the NEW
queue people + sponsors?
Happy hacking,
Thanks :)
--
Edmund Lodewijks <[email protected]>
TZ: UTC+2 / GMT+2