On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 12:55:39PM +0200, Olivier Berger wrote:
> I think maybe it would be interesting to "offer" some data from UDD to
> the FLOSSMole research archive at :
> http://ossmole.sourceforge.net/ (and
> http://code.google.com/p/flossmole/ ). By offering, I mean there may be
> some need of synchronisation with the researchers for technical matters
> (or others : anonymization, etc.)...

Very interesting! thanks for the heads up, as I wasn't aware of that
project in spite of having need in the past such kind of historical
data.

Actually, during the design of UDD, I've pushed a bit to have *some*
historical data, in particular I was interested in having all the
upload history. Back then however, it turned out that it was too
"heavy" to have that naively in the database itself.

Even though it will not solve that problem, I would very welcome
injecting periodically data from UDD to the FLOSSMole guys. The
simplest way, currently, seems to be to handing hover the snapshot we
periodically release on the web. Have you already asked them if that
kind of data would be suitable for them?

> Any comments ?
> I hope to meet some of you at Debconf to talk to you about that.

I'll be there, and I'll very happily join a discussion about this.

Cheers.

z...@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/