On 29 September 2017 at 07:36, Graham Inggs wrote:
| I've been working on this transition in Ubuntu and here are some of my notes:
|
| rgtk2 and rggobi now FTBFS on s390x, they also fail in a Buster chroot
| on zelenka.debian.org so I don't believe it is a regression in R, but
| the binaries will need to be removed.

Can you share details? Those are big/old gtk packages.  And when you mean
binaries removed you mean for s390x only or for all?

| r-bioc-iranges, r-bioc-variantannotation and r-cran-dplyr need to be
| updated to work with R 3.4.2.  You can see from the autopkgtest

dplyr just had a new upstream CRAN release 0.7.4 yesterday. Don't know about
the others as I am less close to BioConductor.

| results [1][2] that started failing on 2017-09-24.  Unfortunately,
| r-cran-dplyr 0.5.0-1 has always failed its autopkgtests, so the
| results aren't useful.

dplyr 0.5.0 is ridiculously outdated that it is (IMHO) probably not worth
looking at. That should have become 0.6.* and 0.7.* a few times over.

For what it is worth all my systems do of course have current dplyr, but I
install that directly from CRAN into /usr/local.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org