On 29 September 2017 at 15:11, Graham Inggs wrote:
| On 29 September 2017 at 12:59, Dirk Eddelbuettel <e...@debian.org> wrote:
| > On 29 September 2017 at 07:36, Graham Inggs wrote:
| > | rgtk2 and rggobi now FTBFS on s390x, they also fail in a Buster chroot
| > | on zelenka.debian.org so I don't believe it is a regression in R, but
| > | the binaries will need to be removed.
| >
| > Can you share details? Those are big/old gtk packages.  And when you mean
| > binaries removed you mean for s390x only or for all?
|
| I didn't keep the build log from zelenka, but you can view a build log
| from Ubuntu [3] by following the 's390x' link.
| I mean only the s390x binaries removed.

Gotcha.

RGtk2 wraps the old gtk libraries, rggobi is one of the few packages (within
Debian) using it.   It may well be that these don't build (as RGtk is rather
demanding).  We could entertain removing them.  But for as long as they build
on the major arches may as well keep them.

Dirk

--
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org