On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 6:10 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <mat...@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 03:08:01PM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 09:21:05PM -0700, Olzhas Rakhimov wrote:
> > > There are two major changes since the last packaging:
> > >
> > > 1. The GUI front-end with Qt5
> >
> > So you want this in a separate binary (as you did)?
> >
> > > 2. Shared libraries (core & gui)
> > >    (meant to be private and used only by the SCRAM GUI and
> command-line)
> >
> > umh, I wonder whether this should be in a separate binary package as
> > well.
> >
> > > I updated the control file, but not sure it is setup correctly.
> > > There are a couple of lintian warnings (empty binary)
> > > that I am not sure what to do.
> >
> > empty binary packages are a non-uploadable thing, really.
>
> Besides, I haven't tried to build it, but looking at it I suspect
> neither of the 2 binaries contain anything useful at all: have you
> tested what you build, or did you come for help because you can't manage
> to get something working?  (It was not clear from the first email).
>
> > Please read dh_install(1), debhelper(7) and several things: you have
> > files like debian/install and debian/manpages that are mostly confusing
> > in behaviour when you build more than one binary: I recommend you rename
> > those to $pkg.install and $pkg.manpages, and you'll need to add the
> > equivalent for the other binaries you want to build, each listing what
> > you want to install.

​I am really confused with multiple-binary setup with CMake.
I split the manpage & install for scram & scram-gui;
the warning of empty binaries are gone, but I think it is still missing the
libraries.​
I guess I have to put these private libraries explicitly in control.
Also, cmake is doing installation of icons and .desktop.
I hope I don't have to mention them explicitly in packaging scripts.

​It would really help me if there were an example project that I can learn
from.

Thanks,
Olzhas Rakhimov​