On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 2:20 AM, Mattia Rizzolo <mat...@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 03:16:14PM -0700, Olzhas Rakhimov wrote:
> > Probably, I have to learn how to do uploads to experimental.
>
> it's just about using "experimental" instead of "unstable" in the
> changelog :)
>
> > > * all of this said, why was the manpage removed from the upstream side?
> > >
> > The upstream switched to help2man to generate manpages from help prompts
> > automatically.
>
> ok, then can't it be generated at build time=
>
> ​It becomes a problem with multi-arch builds (executable with '--help'
isn't available).
Indeed, help2man is a bit of work packagers, but it helps the upstream with
keeping only single source of truth
 for its ​

​command-line options.
I couldn't find an alternative easier way.
​

> > Thanks for the review. There’s definitely a lot nitty-gritty stuff to
> > learn for me.
>
> heh, worry not!
>
> So, about your new changes:
> * "dh_install --(fail|list)-missing" are deprecated, as the manpage
>    report

​I probably have an older version of dh_install.
Is there alternative check for missing files?
​

> * last night a new debian-policy came out.  The website has yet to be
>   updated, but in debian-devel-announce (which I expect you to be
>   subscribed) you can find the relevant announcement with the changes.
>   Please update your package as well for it.
>   https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.
> html#s-f-Standards-Version

​I looked through the changes but didn't see anything relevant to my
current packaging​.
I'll bump the version.

Thanks,
Olzhas