hi ya

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Javier [iso-8859-1] Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

lots of people have their own requiremetns for security ...

instead of adding to the security team's tasks, and instead of writting
emails, why don't we spend the time to write some scripts to do
what we're expecting to be done by the security team ??

        - the security tasks are not that hard to implement
        but does require time and some fore thought

- more importantly.... the testing prior to release of pacjkages
  should be 100% automated ... so that any volunteer can run
  the regression test suites prior to releasing patches

- there is NOT one "right security solution" but there will be many
  possible solutions

- yes.. i'm volunteering if there is enough "folks" that want to
  solve security problems and automate security patch releases
        - it's a task for debian-man .. more than what super-man or
        bat-man can do

c ya
alvin