On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach Alvin Oga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005.06.28.1451 +0200]:
> > - all other debian boxes does NOT trust it and nbody else should
> > trust it either... it is "for testing and development"
>
> I know. But what happens when someone decides to abuse it? I could
> host a machine, no problem. But giving root access to others is the
> problem.

obviously.. only "trusted" people would have root access

and it is a "security test server" and should encourage others
to try to become root too  and to document how they did it and
if its repeatable

---

- there's tasks for the "security team" to do
- there's tasks that anybody can do

---

the point is we all have varying degree of security requirements
and we all can add our methodology and scripts and try to create
a suitable infastructure for "security updates"

wodd or
sarge/stable has security update ( very structured and tested over for
        years, which is a good thing

etch/testing.... where are the security patches ??
        - i want it to also have latest apps i care about
        ( latest kernels, latest apache, latest xxx, .. )

        - this is the parts i'm interested in structuring for security
        updates as some/most security patches are fixed in later releases
        from the originating authors/sites  and they already maintain
        and keep their eyes on all the announced vulnerabilities and
        exploits

sid/unstable ... has lots of security updates and updates for apps
        - not suitable (??) for ( remote ) production servers

c ya
alvin