On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Micah Anderson wrote:

> Alvin Oga schrieb am Tuesday, den 28. June 2005:
>
> You sent an email where about what and got no response? I did not see
> your offer to help come across the mailing list (if it is there, can
> you point out the URL to the message?)...

i think you can search thru the debian security archives just as
easily as i can or in fact even more easily since yu have a debian acct ??

in either case, it doesnt matter to me if people reply or not to those
that are volunteering
        - i go on the assumption that people get selected based on
        the "merits or pecking order or friends of friends" or ??
        whatever the criteria is ..

        - from this last batch of emails about security, i saw there
        was a bunch of folks willing to help do security work ..
        and i'm hoping somebody takes up the volunteer's offerings
        and unload some tasks or do some other forms of methodology tests

> Often people looking for helpers are needing helpers because they are
> so busy that they need people who are wanting to help to take
> initiative, rather than be hand-held.

i don't want any handholding ... other than access the the resources
and info and/or question answer ..
        - in my case, i'd like to create test-sec.debian.org
        for which i cannot do anything about it unless i do get
        some handholding and it's purpse to supplement the security
        patches that i see is lacking in "testing"
        ( 2 or 3 months behind current releases is too far back for me )

and everybody is buzy...
        - first priority for me/us is paying customers as that is
        what keeps our expenses paid...
        and than volunteer for folks(entities) that wants some help

c ya
alvin