Hi,

From: Paul Hampson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Some more port closing questions
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 20:17:10 +1000

> On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:09:28AM +0900, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > From: Phillip Hofmeister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: Some more port closing questions
> > Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:49:44 -0400

> > > Boy...you should get together withthe folks on debian-devel that say
> > > the install asks TOO many questions for a beginner to Linux...it would
> > > make a good flame war <G>
>
> > It seems like you could just have a mode w/o many/any questions and a
> > mode that asks all the questions that are available -- i.e. Beginners
> > can have a beginner's mode of installation, and non-beginners can have
> > a non-beginner installation mode...no?
>
> You mean like maybe assigning different questions different priorities,
> and letting the user choose the priority which a question needs to have
> before it is asked, with some default assumed otherwise?

No.  Nice description of what exists currently (-;

I just mean something you choose at the beginning of the installation
process to circumvent the entire question asking process -- I'm not
asking for this -- perhaps I should learn not to respond to comments
in posts w/ "<G>"s in them...

> Excellent idea. I can't see how we could get this far without such a
> system. ;-)

Nice sarcasm (-;