Hi,

From: Phillip Hofmeister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Some more port closing questions
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:49:44 -0400

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 at 09:25:40PM +0900, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Perhaps update-rc.d or rcconf (as I posted earlier) can be used to get
> > the desired behavior -- but I do think that being asked by default at
> > installation time whether to start stuff up at boot time is better
> > behavior than the current behavior.
>
> Boy...you should get together withthe folks on debian-devel that say
> the install asks TOO many questions for a beginner to Linux...it would
> make a good flame war <G>

It seems like you could just have a mode w/o many/any questions and a
mode that asks all the questions that are available -- i.e. Beginners
can have a beginner's mode of installation, and non-beginners can have
a non-beginner installation mode...no?

Frankly, I don't like have to answer the same questions over and over
though -- I'm hoping the automated installation procedures improve so
I can just use those (I'm not complaining mind you).  In the mean
time, I've found that partimage is finally usable for my current
situation (-;