On 02/04/2018 05:47 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Downgrading binutils doesn’t make any sense unless you are building something
Try generating a backtrace or at least find the package which is responsible.
We haven’t seen your segfault anywhere so far, that’s why I don’t know where to
Ok, after downgrading all upgraded packages to their original versions
(where and if possible) plus recreating initramfs and rebooting, logins
via serial console started working again.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the problematic package(s) by
selectively upgrading suspects later on. After a number of tries I gave
up on this approach and did a dist-upgrade again. Checking the package
versions I noticed that some gcc related packages got installed from the
"experimental" suite with *8-* version numbers. This wasn't the case
yesterday (the "experimental" suite was deactivated in my
`/etc/apt/sources.list` since some testing in January) so I downgraded
the following packgages:
* libcc1-0 (8-20180130-1 => 7.3.0-1+b1)
* libgcc1 (1:8-20180130-1 => 1:7.3.0-1+b1)
* libstdc++6 (8-20180130-1 => 7.3.0-1+b1)
...to see if this makes a difference and after recreating the initramfs
and rebooting, I again got segfaults when trying to login.
So better ignore the *7.3.0-1+b1 versions of these packages and use the
ones from the "experimental" suite or wait for a fix, if you depend on