There is also an unbundled navigator in the filesystem at ftp.netscape.com
/pub/communicator/4.04/shipping/english/unix/linux20/navigator_standalone/
navigator-v404-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz

> A word about the the "netscape debian package" -- redistribution terms on
> netscape are screwy,  so the package you found requires you to first
> download the proper binary release .tar.gz file from ftp.netscape.com,
> and the package installs it for you.  I beleive that there is a
> communicator installer-package probably in unstable.
>
> If you want a simple,  powerful email/news client,  I recommend pine.

I agree, I have tried others since using pine, and they never seem to
work as good as pine.

> It's nonfree because you can't redistribute it for profit,  but works
> good, and runs really well in an xterm ... I use it because it's what we
> use at school,  and I can run it without X across a dialup link when I
> have to.
>
>                                                       Will

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills          *     Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.               *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]     *     http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/ *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]      *     http://www.sound.net/~wpmills/       *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *