I've got kind of a rather lengthy question about windows machines
printing to a linux print server.  I'm rather new at this, but was asked
to investigate these possibilities.  Any help I could get would be
great.

I'm running hamm, 2.0.33 kernel, and need to connect several printers on
our campus to the linux print server (whatever that may be:  I don't
know.  Is there a print server type package I need to have installed?)
All the printers will have ip addresses, via HP jetdirect boxes and
cards.  I will have several laptops that will need to be able to print
to these printers.  All the laptops will be running windows 98.

I'm also running samba on my linux box, but haven't quite got the hang
of it yet (getting closer).  Is this the service I need to allow the
windows machines to print to the linux print server?  Do I need to
specify anything in the smb.conf file (ip addresses, etc.) or is that
done somewhere else in a different package?

Any help I could get to get started would be great.  If I need to give
more info. before any of you can formulate an answer, let me know that
as well.

EXTREMELY thankful already,

Brian Morgan