Hi there,

I had a tad bit of problems getting a GLoria Synergy AGP by ELSA to run
using the XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria server (as XFree cannot support binary-only
servers).

One of the problems might be that SuSE still uses libc5 while I am
installing Debian 2.0 Beta...
Actually it should work nevertheless as I installed the compatibility libs
libc5 and xlib6. Also I tried both, just setting XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria in
/etc/X11/Xservers and doing syslinking in /usr/X11R6/bin by hand - to no
avail:

The Xserver runs -probeonly but when started properly the complete system
hangs with a black screen after a few monitor syncs (no Ctrl-Alt-Del or
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace).
It shouldn't be a XF86Config problem either, as we used SuSe's xf86config
and linked XF86Config to /etc/X11, Debian-style...

Help would be greatly appreciated,

       /(__  __|\          Lars Steinke, Research Student @
      (    \/  __)_        www.fmf.uni-freiburg.de, Germany
       )   (_____  /       for PGP PKey and WWW-Page finger