On 3 Aug 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  Mark> I am at a loss to know what to try next.
>
>       Me too. I can only tell you what works for me, which is: I
>  unpack kernel sources in /usr/local/src/kernel; I ignore the bit
>  about symlinks, and I use make-kpkg; but it has been a while since I
>  tried 2.0.31 (if I ever did); is there areason you can't just go to
>  2.0.3[45]?

Yes.  I'm actually trying to get a Xircom ethernet/modem PCMCIA card
to configure properly on a digital laptop.  I have been in contact with
another guy with exactly the same laptop who has got it working using
RedHat.  We can't find anything wrong with what I am doing.  The only
possibility is that he is using version 2.0.31 of kernel and version 3.0.1
of card services.  Where as I have been using kernel 2.0.2[34] and version
3.0.3[4] of card services.

Given that I have exhausted other avenues, it seemed to me that it would
be good to install kernel 2.0.31 to see if the problem lies with later
kernels.

But now I can't even get 2.0.31 to compile.  Aaaaahhh!

The problem seems to occur in compiling scc.c which seems to be some kind
of ham radio driver --- in doing a make menuconfig, I looked to see if I
could deselect this driver but it didn't seem to be mentioned by name.  If
I can get it to not be compiled, perhaps I can avoid these problems ---
much of the rest of it seemed to compile okay.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark.

____\__/_____\__/--\__/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/