On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 07:18, Ivo Wever wrote:
> Simon Law wrote:
> > You should add the correct module lines (that you would put in
> > modconf) in /etc/alsa/modutils/0.9
> >
> I couldn't gather the format of a module line from the alsa docs and it
> isn't in the example. What should such a line look like?

Here's what I added to /etc/modutils/aliases:

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore

#ALSA portion
alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci

# OSS/Free portion
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

# OSS/Free portion - card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

Replace the snd-cmipci above with snd-via8233.  You can also place the
lines above in their own file under /etc/modutils/.  Run
/sbin/update-modules to regenerate the /etc/modules.conf file.

Install alsa-utils and use alsamixer-0.9 to set your output levels.

That should do it.

Steven