----- Original Message -----
From: "Ivo Wever" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "debian-user" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 1:37 AM
Subject: Solved: How to get the ALSA driver to start at boot?

> Thanks, it worked. I now even have sound under X, even though artsd
> doesn't start with the option for alsa-compatability. I've yet to
> figure out why :)

Hi!

The artsd from libarts-alsa doesn't like alsa 0.5 when the alsa option is
activated, I think. If you have alsa 0.5 you'll have to install 0.9.x or so.
Or just keep the OSS setting or "autodetect" ;). And you might have to run
/usr/share/doc/alsa-base/examples/snddevices once if you haven't done so yet
(creates the alsa devices in /dev).

Cheers,

Stephan