On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:55:52 -0600
John Hasler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I'm sure the anit-monopoly guys will have something to say about this.
>
> A patent is a legal monopoly enforced by the courts.

The issue raised on /., that purveror of all great knowledge and wisdom, was
that a monopolistic company enforcing a patent that requires using their
monopoly product would be a problem. That is by enforcing their patents on FAT,
and because of the pervasiveness of m$ products, more people would be forced to
use m$ products. This would be using their monopoly to increase their monopoly
and might cause action. IANAL. FWIW. YMMV. etc.