On 14/10/11 05:15 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:52:53 -0400, Frank wrote:

On 14/10/11 01:30 PM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

What is the error you are getting? Any pop-up message, anything under
the usual files (~/.xsession-errors, /var/log/Xorg.0.log), can you at
least login to the system from a tty? The more information you provide,
the better :-)

    This is the .xsesssion-errors log: many many errors!!

(...)

Wow... it royally fails. This looks like a pure gnome-shell crashing,
nothing about your VGA 3D (in)capabilities :-)

Lots of applet plugins fail to load and also adwaita theme seems to be
missing (for the Adwaita theme, ensure you have installed "gnome-themes-
standard" package).

  It was installed as part of the upgrade this morning.
  Matter of fact last March someone reported a bug that the theme
was missing on his system. Today!! they finally made the theme a recommended install.

I left what I think is (one of the) most relevant error:

gnome-shell-calendar-server[6730]: Got HUP on stdin - exiting
gnome-session[6611]: WARNING: Application 'gnome-shell.desktop' killed
by signal

This warning looks serious.

   Yup.

Take a look into gnome-shell bugs and/or wait for a fix. Those errors
could be "transient", I mean, there can be still packages or libraries
that need to be updated.

   There are a lot of bugs. Waiting for a fix seems to make more sense.
   I may file a bug...but where to start ?

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=gnome-shell

    It's a good thing I normally use IceWm on the desktop :)

Yeah :-)

And thanks for the heads up, I will have to monitor this gnome-shell
update before it gets into my wheezy. I'm afraid of gnome-shell :-}

  Good luck! :)

--
Cheers
Frank